With four generations of experience as master planners and builders, along with many successful residential and commercial communities to their credit, J.S. Hovnanian & Sons has proudly earned the trust and respect of thousands of Delaware Valley families.

Corporate History Awards Past Communities Commercial Properties Newsroom

J.S. Hovnanian & Sons Celebrates Opening of New Rancocas Creek Trail

Mt. Laurel, NJRecently, Burlington County Freeholders held a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the opening of a new trail along the Rancocas Creek. This celebration marked the forward movement in the county’s plan to create an interconnecting network of trails along the Rancocas Greenway.

Plans for this project include the development of a completely new hiking and biking trail, a half-mile stone path behind the J.S. Hovnanian & Sons’ Rancocas Pointe development at Centerton and Creek Roads in Mount Laurel. The trail spans a total of 25 miles, eventually connecting with the County’s other popular creekfront park sites, such as Boundary Creek Park 1.4 miles away.

Stephen and Peter Hovnanian, principals of local Mt. Laurel homebuilder J.S. Hovnanian & Sons, joined the Freeholders and Mount Laurel Mayor James Keenan in marking this special occasion. J.S. Hovnanian & Sons is not only the developer of the neighboring Rancocas Pointe community along the Creek, but also donated a 22-acre parcel used to create the trail spearheaded by founder Jirar S. Hovnanian.

“Standing here we realize, although part of a neighborhood, you’re being embraced by nature.  There is a quality of life here that is very unique and we are proud to be part of it,” said Peter Hovnanian.

The completed project work included trail clearing, development of stone dust pathways, construction of a boardwalk, and the strategic location planning of benches. The trail construction is unique in that it is the first County park development project funded entirely with State Green Acres dollars.  Some 25% of those funds come in the form of a grant, and the remaining 75% a low-interest loan. Altogether, it took three months of work to complete, with the total costs amounting to $267,000.

  [return to news]